Girls Varsity Softball
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Girls Varsity Softball vs. Wyoming HS School
- Game Date
- Apr 26, 2019
- VIKINGS: 16
WYOMING HIGH SCHOOL: 5
- Emma Martonosi showed timely hitting on Friday, driving in five on three hits to lead Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball past Wyoming 16-5 on Friday. Martonosi drove in runs on a single in the second, a triple in the third, and a single in the fourth.
- Wyoming scored three runs in the first inning, but Hopkins Vikings still managed to pull out the victory.
- Hopkins Vikings took the lead for good with six runs in the third inning. In the third Madelyn Schans tripled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run, Morgan Dykstra grounded out, scoring one run, Martonosi tripled on a 1-2 count, scoring three runs, and an error scored one run
- Hopkins put up six runs in the fourth inning. Haleigh Miller, Martonosi, Hannah Wubben, and Schans each had RBIs in the frame.
- Schans was the winning pitcher for Hopkins . She lasted five innings, allowing five hits and five runs while striking out two and walking zero.
- #1 was on the rubber for Wyoming. She went three and two-thirds innings, allowing 13 runs on nine hits and striking out four. #21 threw one-third of an inning in relief.
- Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball hit one home run on the day. Sierra Smith had a four bagger in the second inning.
- Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball racked up ten hits on the day. Martonosi and Schans all collected multiple hits for Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball. Martonosi went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball in hits. Hopkins Vikings Varsity Softball tore up the base paths, as two players stole at least two bases. Smith led the way with three.